Sunday, December 27, 2009

TESLian. Are they that good ?


The study of Herman Finkers.


I don't know about you but as for me, I think people who took TESL in the uni are not that good in English. IPTA, maybe. IPTS, um I don't think so.



OK not every each of them but yeah most of them. Most of them took TESL because they don't have any other choices. Yeah they might got an A1 for English in SPM but guys come on, it's just Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia. I mean how hard could that be. Just anyone could get an A1 for English in SPM.



I got a friend who is taking TESL at a private college. She didn't even know if the word hideous exist. Yes you read me right. She didn't even know if the word hideous exist. I mean it's a simple word, it's not even a complicated word like Chlamydia or something its "hideous", even a primary school kids would know that.



I once studied in a very popular university in Malaysia but seriously the English teacher is utterly suck in English. She failed me for an assignment just because I wrote it in a creative-writing way. Since then, I never trust just any English lecturers. Lecturers who have passion in English, yes. Other than that, sorry, I could never trust them to teach me.



OK now if you're thinking I'm a perasan-bagus-punya-orang, I don't care. IMHO, people who learn because they had to and people who learn because they want to is way different. People who studied TESL because they have passion in English would be a damn good lecturers but other than that, they would suck.



So the point is, it doesn't mean TESL students are all good in English some of them should just go back to kindergarten and learn some basic stuff like how to spell h-i-d-e-o-u-s or when to use was or were. bahaha.



p/s: you were there when i was being picked on by some cold-hearted bastards, but then you still love me. what did i do to deserve someone like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment